Auto Expo 2014: Skoda unveils new Superb in India
Skoda didn't have any new cars to display at the 2014 Auto Expo but did generate some interest by way of two comprehensively refreshed models. The first was the Skoda Superb that we drove last month and the second was the facelifted Yeti
The new Superb features a fresh face with new headlamps that feature xenons and LED elements. The allow wheels are new too while the rear end with its brand new LED tail lamps looks far smarter than before, almost Audi like. The interiors get a whole load of extra features like a new media player with added connectivity options. A new three-spoke steering wheel replaces the old, thicker four-spoke unit. The car hasn't grown in size so the interior dimensions remain the same. That means the Superb continues to offer unparalleled interior space. Boot space is also extremely generous at 564 litres.
The Superb will continue to be offered with two engine options. The 1.8-litre turbocharged petrol offers 160PS and is the choice for the enthusiast driver while the trusty 2.0-litre diesel produces 140PS and 320Nm. Skoda offers a choice of three gearboxes. You can have the petrol with a 7-speed dual clutch automatic or a 6-speed manual. The diesel comes only with a 6-speed dual clutch automatic.
You can read about the new Superb's launch and pricing details here
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application