Auto Expo 2014: Mahindra XUV 500 hybrid showcased
Mahindra had showcased their intentions of moving onto alternative fuel technologies with the e2o and electric Verito at the Auto Expo 2012. The Indian manufacturer's latest offering now is the XUV500 hybrid.
With this, the company has ventured in to mass production of SUVs based on its hybrid electric technology systems.
The XUV500 hybrid provides a clean transportation option for urban commute. Mahindra claims that it gives 18 per cent higher fuel efficiency than its and it is also the first manual diesel hybrid in the world.
This vehicle makes use of technologies like permanent magnet synchronous motor and Lithium Ion battery to aid fossil fuel vehicle propulsion.
The electric motor assists the engine while accelerating at low speeds. Regenerative braking technology ensures electricity production while braking and this is used to charge the car's battery.
All these features working in tandem makes the XUV500 hybrid give better fuel economy and performance with a light environment footprint.
- Yamaha India introduces the FZ 25 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition at Rs 1.36 lakh
- MG Astor interiors leaked ahead of late-2021 launch
- 2021 Tata Xpres-T EV launched in India at Rs 9.75 lakh
- First Maruti Suzuki EV to launch before 2025, priced below Rs 10 lakh
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate