Auto Expo 2014: Hero Splendor Pro Classic unveiled in India
Hero pulled off a bit of a surpise with the Hero Splendor Pro Classic, already known as the Hero cafe racer colloquially at the 2014 Auto Expo. The bike is based on the Splendor but takes on the styling of a wee cafe racer to good effect. The lines of the Splendor are still visible on the tank and sidepanel and that combined with just a little too much mass at the rear make the cafe racer look just a little bit less evocative as it could have been.
However, the variant is ready to go on sale now and is a good idea at its core. For long we have complained that the 100-110cc end of the motorcycle is populated by cookie-cutter machines that take no risks and no product differentiation, and from than angle a hardcore mileage-first commuter taking on the styling of a Cafe Racer is a good idea. We hope to see manufacturers having a little more fun with their products like Hero appear to be doing with the Splendor Pro Classic.
UPDATE: Hero has said that they will launch the Splendor Pro Classic before the end of this fiscal (2013-14)
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar unveiled, engine details revealed
- Upcoming Mahindra XUV500 replacement to be called XUV700
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched, prices start from Rs 39.90 lakh
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet