Auto Expo 2014: Hero Dare unveiled in India
The Dare is a full-on prototype that showed for the first time Hero's 125cc scooter platform featuring an air-cooled engine that makes 9.2PS and 9.5Nm. The Dare is intended to be Hero's scooter for the masculine audience and hence it wears two-tone paint, telescopic forks, alloy wheels, LED lights, a full digital instrument cluster and disc brakes. It also includes convenience features like a charging port for cellphones, side stand indicator, pass switch and a lit underseat storage space.
The styling, especially, at the front, does remind one of the Honda Dio but Hero have added their own twist to it, in the form of a surfeit of illumination. It does look neat if you look past the overt amount of ornamentation that the scooter wears.
Hero have not confirmed a launch plan for the Dare, but we expect the Dare to be on their launch list for 2015. Expect the 125cc scooter platform to start with the Dare for Hero and slowly spread to include the various niches - family scooter and female-friendly scooter in time.
UPDATE: Hero will launch the Dare scooter by the second half of next fiscal
Starts Rs 59,990
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch