Auto Expo 2014: Datsun redi-GO unveiled in India
Auto Expo 2014 witnessed the world premiere of Datsun's redi-GO concept. It is a crossover between a hatchback and an SUV. The car is designed for the youth and gives a glimpse of what to expect from Datsun in the near future.
The headlamps have a sleek elongated design and get narrow daytime running lights. The trapezoidal grille has chrome accents along with the bumper which is also edgy in appearance. The rear LED tail lights are sleek and resemble a boomerang. The shoulder line starts from the bumper moves below the headlamps and is displayed prominently on the doors before disappearing in to the tail lights. The appeal is further enhanced by the 15 inch alloy wheels with dark chrome filling the wheel arches.
This concept is under four metres with a tallboy design and high ground clearance which make the redi-GO look more compact than it actually is. We expect the headroom to be significantly more owing to this design. Wheelbase is a good 2350 mm giving the car a generous amount of interior space.
This crossover can move comfortably on less travelled roads because of its ground clearance and also offers the driver a commanding view of the road ahead.
This is just a study at the moment but if Datsun puts this in to production it will be up against the others in the highly competitive compact hatchback segment.
Starts Rs 3.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.83 Lakhs
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch Swift Cross to rival Tata Punch, as per reports
- Tata Motors experience a 38 percent rise in sales for the month of November 2021
- Bounce Infinity E1 electric scooter launched, prices start from Rs 45,099
- Upcoming Kia MPV officially named Carens, unveil on December 16
- Supreme Court allows registration of BS4 vehicles sold before April 1, 2020