Auto Budget 2015: KVS Prakash Rao from FADA comments
The Hon'ble Union Minister has presented a balanced budget with emphasis on infrastructure development and 'Make in India'.
The increased allocation in infrastructure & rural development, and emphasis on Make in India will put the economy on high growth trajectory, thereby fuelling the auto market.
A welcome announcement in the Union Budget 2015 is the assurance that GST will be introduced from 1st April 2016.
The auto market in India has been reeling under acute slowdown for the last 3 years. We, in FADA, were expecting special measures including softer excise duty regime and high depreciation rates in respect of motor vehicles, for giving boost to the auto sector.
We hope that the Hon'ble Finance Minister will consider incorporating lower excise duty and higher depreciation rates in respect of motor vehicles, before the Budget is finally passed by the Parliament.
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety
- Goodbye Cyrus Gandhy-Burn the rubber on your way to heaven