Auto Budget 2015: KVS Prakash Rao from FADA comments
The Hon'ble Union Minister has presented a balanced budget with emphasis on infrastructure development and 'Make in India'.
The increased allocation in infrastructure & rural development, and emphasis on Make in India will put the economy on high growth trajectory, thereby fuelling the auto market.
A welcome announcement in the Union Budget 2015 is the assurance that GST will be introduced from 1st April 2016.
The auto market in India has been reeling under acute slowdown for the last 3 years. We, in FADA, were expecting special measures including softer excise duty regime and high depreciation rates in respect of motor vehicles, for giving boost to the auto sector.
We hope that the Hon'ble Finance Minister will consider incorporating lower excise duty and higher depreciation rates in respect of motor vehicles, before the Budget is finally passed by the Parliament.
- 2023 Maruti Suzuki Invicto vs Toyota Innova Hycross comparison review - Who did it better?
- Nissan Magnite EZ-Shift review - is the AMT any good?
- Maruti Suzuki expected to launch 3 new cars in 2024
- 2024 Hyundai Creta facelift spied testing again
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny Thunder Edition launched; prices start at Rs 10.74 lakh