August 2020 sales: Honda 2 Wheelers sells more than 4 lakh units
Honda 2 Wheelers India has released its August 2020 sales figures, which stand at a total of 4,43,969 units. This includes 4,28,231 domestic sales and 15,738 exports in the month of August 2020. The company has reported crossing 4 lakh sales for the first time in FY'20-21 and has registered 1 per cent year-on-year growth. Thecompany's domestic dispatches have gone up by 38 per cent as compared to that of July 2020.
In terms of sales numbers, Honda sold a total of 2.02 lakh units in June 2020, 3.09 lakh units in July 2020 and 4.28 lakh units in Aug 2020. "In August, over 90% of our network is back to business and we are seeing some green shoots with higher customer enquiries. Honda's domestic sales crossed 4 lac units' mark for the first time this fiscal on back of improved supplies and higher utilization of production capacity. With festivals approaching, our line-up of 14 models including our latest motorcycle Hornet 2.0 will excite new customers." commented, Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Director Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
The company recently launched the Hornet 2.0 in India, priced at Rs. 1.26 lakh, ex-showroom. The name does sound familiar as Honda had launched the first-gen CB Hornet in 2016, which was a 160cc motorcycle, known for its premium design and an attractive pricing back then. The Honda Hornet 2.0 is a successor to the Hornet but comes with a larger engine to tap in the now popular 180-200cc segment of motorcycles in the country. Here's everything to know about the motorcycle.
Starts Rs 1,26,921
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet
- NewsLimited edition Diavel 1260 Lamborghini draws inspiration from 820PS Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsAprilia SXR 160 maxi-scooter to enter production soon, launch expected in January 2021
- NewsHonda CMX1100 Rebel powered by Africa Twin's 1100 unveiled
- NewsRolls-Royce Dawn, Wraith and Cullinan Black Badge cars get Neon Nights variants, limited to three each