Audi SQ2 performance SUV previewed ahead of Paris Motor Show unveiling
The Audi Q2 is the company's smallest SUV. It's a more stylish take on a small Audi SUV, unlike more upright and practical Q3. Now, ahead of the Paris Motor Show, the company has decides to give this SUV the S treatment too.
In the biggest change over the standard Q2, the SQ2 gets a 2.0 litre, 300PS and 400 Nm motor which helps it get from 0 to 100 in 4.8s and on to a limited top speed of 250 kmph. The motor is the same as the one seen on the Volkswagen Golf R and Audi S3. This is mated to a seven-speed twin-clutch gearbox and standard AWD.
Cosmetic changes are subtle. There is a slight reworking to the grille with SQ2 badging and black detailing along with a four tipped exhaust. The SUV sits lower to the ground by 20mm. The interior gets sports seats finished partly in leather and Alcantara, contrasting red stitching. Wheel sizes have increased to 19 inches and the larger brake callipers can now be painted in black or red.
The SQ2 will be revealed fully at the upcoming Paris Motor Show. The SUV competes with the likes of the Mercedes-AMG GLA 45 and the recently launched BMW X2 M35i. Audi will hope the slight practical advantage this provides over a regular hot hatch will make it attractive to buyers. There is no word on when the SQ2 will launch in India, although we expect the standard Q2 to come to our country in the next few months.
Starts Rs 34.99 Lakhs
- NewsDucati India commences pre-bookings of Multistrada 950 S BSVI, launch on November 2
- NewsUpcoming KTM Adventure motorcycles: 250 Adventure launch in November 2020, 890 Adventure expected in 2021
- News2020 Bajaj CT 100 KS, priced at Rs 46,432, is the most affordable 100cc motorcycle
- NewsMercedes-Benz India delivers 550 cars during Navratri and Dussehra 2020
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years