Audi India's first launch in 2019 to be flagship A8 sedan
Audi is looking to improve its product portfolio in India with two major launches in 2019. The first of these will be the Audi A8 flagship sedan, following which the firm will launch the updated R8 supercar. The e-tron EV SUV will also make its debut here. The company had limited launches last year, the Audi Q5's petrol and diesel variants and the Audi RS 5 Coupe.
The company sold 6,463 units in 2018, a drop of 18 per cent over last year. The company experienced this drop in sales due its largest dealer location closing down. It also faced supply constraints for selected models due to the European market's shift to the WLTP cycle. This led to models being phased out and other phased in, affecting the groups operations in India. The company also said that 2018 had been challenging for the luxury car market as a whole. There were new developments in financial markets, changing customer sentiment and a new taxation policy. Audi still managed to consolidate its position in the market in this scenario.
For 2019, there will be new service campaigns and more workshops as per customer requests. The company also wants buyers in India to develop a pop culture-like association with the Audi brand. The company will create curated content and come up with initiatives to appeal to fans and enthusiasts.
Starts Rs 58.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.04 Crore
- Tata Tiago EV launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.49 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.45 lakh
- Facelifted Tata Harrier spotted testing, expected to debut in early 2023
- Are Hybrids the Answer? And Should The Path To Electric Mobility Be Via Strong Hybrids?
- Price Comparison: Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Vs Hyundai Creta Vs Skoda Kushaq Vs Kia Seltos Vs Volkswagen Taigun Vs MG Astor