Audi announces its most powerful twin-turbo V6 diesel engine
Audi recently unveiled its most powerful V6 diesel till date ahead of the Geneva Motor Show. This new diesel engine called BiTDI is a 3.0-litre twin-turbo 6-cylinder and dishes out 313PS of power and a massive 651Nm of torque. Audi plans to use this engine in the A6 sedan and claims that the A6 will go from 0-100kmph in a claimed 5.1s with the top speed limited to a shade less than 250kmph. Combined with this impressive performance figures, the A6 will also deliver a claimed overall mileage of 18.74kmpl.
At a later stage, this engine will also be seen under the hood of the Q7 after initially using it in the A6 and A7 sedans in Europe. Audi are also said to have fitted in a sound actuator which gives this engine a meaty exhaust roar akin to their turbo-petrols. Is it coming to India? Well, all we can do is wait and pray with folded hands.
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Government confident of local manufacturing of lithium-ion EV batteries by 2022
- 2021 Triumph Trident 660 first ride review
- Scrappage Policy - A crucial joint representation made to the government to save vehicles older than 30 years