Ather 450 X electric scooter to be launched in India on January 28
Ather, the electric scooter manufacturer recently teased its upcoming 450 X. This time around, the company has announced the scooter will be launched by the end of this month, i.e January 28.
By the name of the upcoming scooter - the Ather 450 X is expected to be a beefy and a sportier version of the 450. Currently, the Ather 450 is priced at Rs 1.13 lakh in Banglore and Rs 1.22 lakh in Chennai. However, the 450 X could ask a premium of Rs 10,000-12,000 over the standard variant's pricing.
The 450X could see the same cycle parts carried over from the standard scooter such as the telescopic forks in the front and a mono-shock in the rear. Just as the 450, the 450 X would get disc brake setup on either end, but this time the new scooter could benefit from an ABS system that is missing in the standard Ather 450.
Mechanically, the Ather 450 X could get the same drivetrain as the standard model. The power figures for the standard Ather 450 is rated at 7.3PS and 20.5Nm of torque but we believe the 450X could see a minor hike in its output. The range is expected to be similar to the current Ather 450. What's more on our expectation list is a newer version of Ather's user interface.
Post-launch, the Ather 450 X will rival the higher, premium variant of the Bajaj Chetak.
Starts Rs 1,00,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet