Ather 450 all-electric scooter gets subsidy of Rs 27,000 - courtesy Fame-II certification
The Ather 450 - all-electric scooter has received the Fame-II approval (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of Hybrid and Electric vehicles). The approval certification translates into a subsidy that the scooter will benefit from. The Ather 450 now sees a subsidy of Rs 27,000. For an electric scooter to receive the Fame-II certification, it has to have a top speed of over 40kmph and a minimum range of 80km in a single charge. Also, at least 50 per cent of the components of the scooter should be sourced locally.
The Ather 450 fits the bill although the company claims that the Ather 450 has a true range of 55km to 75km. The smaller Ather 340 misses out on the certification as it has a top speed of 70kmph and a range of 45km to 60km per charge.
At present, the Ather 450 is only sold in the city of Bengaluru and the company has plans to begin operations in major cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune and 30 other cities by 2023. Ather has already set up its charging station in Chennai.
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400
- NewsBMW X5 M Competition launched in India, prices start from Rs 1.95 crore
- FeaturesSpecial feature: Trippin' with the Kia Sonet