Aston Martin Vantage GT8 launched in Europe
With Aston Martin's lineup getting a refresh, the aging cars are getting pumped up variants before facing the inevitable. Aston Martin's entry point variant, the V8 Vantage, now receives the treatement. The Vantage GT8, as the name suggests, has the performance side of things cranked up all the way to 11.
The GT8, Aston Martin claims, is influenced by their GTE race car at Le Mans and other endurance races. The body gets aggressive new aero with flared cutaway fenders, a wide front splitter and rear bumper. There is even the option to add a rear spoiler which looks questionably large for a road-going car. All of these upgrades are made from carbon fibre, and made to stand out with fluorescent accents. Additionally, with a few more optional carbon fibre bits and a new battery, the GT8 has shed 100kg over its more composed cousin, the V8 Vantage. This makes the Vantage GT8 the lightest from the lineup till date.
The 4.7-litre V8 has also received a bump in power, sitting at 10PS over the V8 Vantage at 446PS. This engine is mated to either a 7-speed flappy paddle gearbox or a 6-speed stick shifter. As goes with matters like these, we'd say go for the manual, simply because this variant was made to be driven with three pedals.
The Vantage GT8 is being limited to just 150 examples with prices starting at around £165,000 (Rs 1.56 crore).
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio officially revealed ahead of June 27 launch, to be named Scorpio-N
- 2022 Kia EV6 review, first drive - a surreal experience
- 2022 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza spotted filming ahead of its launch
- 2022 Citroen C3 to be a premium B-segment offering
- 2022 BMW i4 electric 4-door coupe launched in India, prices start from Rs 69.90 lakh