Ashoka Buildcom initiates road safety awareness campaign
Ashoka Buildcom ltd, a well-known road construction company from Nashik, has initiated a road safety awareness campaign called 'Road safety begins with me'. The campaign aims at spreading road-safety awareness amongst motorists in India. The company has put up signage and hoardings at toll plazas, has printed road-safety tips on the toll tickets and positioned volunteers at tollbooths, who will personally extend the message of road-safety to motorists passing through. The volunteers will also urge the occupants of the vehicle to fasten their seatbelts and advice motorists to obey traffic rules and refrain from driving under influence or getting distracted by communication devices. The campaign has been underway from June 27 and will run for a week across the cities of Belgaum, Dharwad, Durg, Pune, Bhandara, Indore, and Nashik.
Ashish Katariya, COO Ashoka Buildcon ltd says, 'Safety is a collective responsibility and we are trying to encourage commuters to help us in reducing fatalities and accidents on highways. We are laying special stress on use of safety belts, because it is one of the simplest safety measures that can create a huge impact. We are also conducting seminars at schools and villages so as to reach out to as many people as possible. Change will not come overnight, but continual efforts will definitely make a difference."
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots