Ashok Leyland Stile launched in India at Rs 7.49 lakh
Hinduja owned, commercial vehicle manufacturer, Ashok Leyland Limited (ALL), has launched its multi-purpose 7-seater Stile in India. It is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Ashok Leyland Stile in India
MS Dhoni with Ashok Leyland vice chairman V Sumantran and ALL executive director (LCV) Nitin Seth at the Stile launch
The Stile is a product of the Nissan-ALL tie-up and not surprisingly, the Stile is a re-badged Evalia. It will also be manufactured at Nissan's production facility, just like the Evalia at Oragadam, Tamil Nadu.
The mechanicals in the Stile, although the same as the Evalia, have been slightly tweaked. It is powered by the same Renault-sourced 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine which has been made to generate 75PS of power and 185Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual tranny that drives the front wheels. It delivers an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 19.5kmpl.
There is only a diesel option for now but a CNG/petrol variant will follow soon. The Stile has been launched in three variants, namely LE at Rs 7,49,990; the LS at Rs 7,99,990 and the LX at Rs 8,29,990 (all prices are ex-showroom, Delhi). It comes with a 2 years or 50,000kms warranty. The Ashok Leyland Stile MPV gets five paintjob options like white, silver, grey, red and black.
Sales and service will be taken care of by the over-130 strong ALL dealerships.
For a more detailed report, find our Stile road test here.
- NewsDucati teases a new Monster, to be unveiled on December 2
- NewsGovt of India: Only BIS certified two-wheeler helmets can be manufactured and sold in the country
- NewsHonda Activa 20th Anniversary Edition launched at Rs 66,816
- NewsTVS Motor Company launches new augmented reality based smartphone application
- ReviewHonda H'ness CB350 vs Royal Enfield Meteor 350, Classic 350 & Benelli Imperiale 400