Ashish Raorane confirms participation in Rounds 1 and 2 of 2019 FIM Bajas World Cup
Ashish Raorane has confirmed his participation in the first two rounds of the 2019 FIM Bajas World Cup. The privateer, who began his international rallying career with the 2018 Panafrica Rally, is determined to compete in as many as five rallies abroad in 2019.
Raorane will take part in the UAEMC Dubai International Baja in the UAE between the seventh and ninth of March. He will then follow this up with the second round of the championship between the 22nd and 24th of March - the FMP Baja Do Pinhal in Portugal.
Each of the rounds will be preceded by training. First, dune training in the Liwa Desert with Crazy Camel Motorsport, to ensure he is ready for the Dubai round of the championship. After this, Raorane will complete roadbook training in Spain with Big Rock Spain, in order to better prepare for Round 2 of the championship.
At his first foray in international rallying - the 2018 Panafrica Rally - Raorane finished eighth in the Enduro class and 18th overall.
Raorane is yet to confirm the other three rounds that he will compete in, given that as a privateer, budgets will need to be secured to fund his international rallying in 2019.
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Honda Elevate name trademarked, N7X-based 3-three SUV to launch in India?