Ashish Raorane confirms participation in Rounds 1 and 2 of 2019 FIM Bajas World Cup
Ashish Raorane has confirmed his participation in the first two rounds of the 2019 FIM Bajas World Cup. The privateer, who began his international rallying career with the 2018 Panafrica Rally, is determined to compete in as many as five rallies abroad in 2019.
Raorane will take part in the UAEMC Dubai International Baja in the UAE between the seventh and ninth of March. He will then follow this up with the second round of the championship between the 22nd and 24th of March - the FMP Baja Do Pinhal in Portugal.
Each of the rounds will be preceded by training. First, dune training in the Liwa Desert with Crazy Camel Motorsport, to ensure he is ready for the Dubai round of the championship. After this, Raorane will complete roadbook training in Spain with Big Rock Spain, in order to better prepare for Round 2 of the championship.
At his first foray in international rallying - the 2018 Panafrica Rally - Raorane finished eighth in the Enduro class and 18th overall.
Raorane is yet to confirm the other three rounds that he will compete in, given that as a privateer, budgets will need to be secured to fund his international rallying in 2019.
- Review2020 Porsche Cayenne Coupe road test review
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review