Around 47,500 Nissan Leafs recalled in the US and Canada
Nissan has issued a recall for 47,538 units of the Leaf in the US and Canada. The carmaker has issued the recall for a potential brake malfunction issue. The company is recalling all Leafs manufactured between November 19, 2012 and July 31, 2013.
The recall affects 46,859 Leaf vehicles in the U.S. and another 679 models in Canada. According to documents released by the US safety regulators, a potential problem can arise because of a relay inside the car's electronic brake booster. Cold temperatures can cause the relay to fail and the driver will have to put more effort to operate the brake. This can increase the chances of the vehicle getting involved in an accident.
However, Nissan says that no accidents have been reported due to the potential problem. The company has said that it will contact those Leaf owners whose vehicles need repairs. Nissan dealerships will update the brake control software without any charge.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh
- Comparison test: KTM 390 Adventure vs Royal Enfield Himalayan BSVI vs BMW G 310 GS vs Hero Xpulse 200