Aravind KP of TVS Racing wins the MRF National Supercross Championship in Coimbatore
Battle for the lead - Aravind KP in action
In the fifth and final leg of the MRF FMSCI MOGRIP National Supercross Championships that were held over the weekend, it was Arvind KP of TVS Racing that secured the title of the Foreign Open Class (250 500cc category).
Entering the final leg Aravind KP was leading the championship by a healthy 31 points but still needed a win to insure victory over championship rival Javed Shaikh. In the first moto Aravind only managed to finish in third earning himself 16 points which was not enough to secure the title. But he got it together in the second moto and with a sterling performance of clean jumps he took a clear win. He finished the championship with a total of 173 points and that was more than enough to secure the title for 2013.
Promod Joshua of TVS racing took home the title in the Indian Experts Group B and C categories while fellow team mate Suhail Ahmed won the Novice class in Group C.
- 2021 Force Gurkha deliveries begin across India
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate