Breaking news: Aprilia SR 150 production starts in India
Piaggio has started production of its Aprilia SR 150 scooter in India. The scooter is being manufactured at the firm's Baramati plant and will be ready to roll out into the market by end of August 2016.
First showcased in India at the 2016 Auto Expo, the Aprilia SR 150 is a sporty take on a regular scooter. The sportiness in its form is accentuated by the twin headlamps embedded in the front apron and sharp detailing. The turn indicators are placed on the handle bar. Aprilia will be offering the SR 150 scooter in two trims in India and both of these are based purely on the colour- Black and White. The scooters showcased at the expo wore these two colours.
Other notable features include the use beefy front forks, 14-inch black alloy wheels with sticky rubber on them and a 220mm front disc brake with 130mm rear drums. As the name suggests, the Aprilia SR 150 has borrowed its 150cc heart from the Vespa 150. We expect it to make about 12PS.
Expect the Aprilia SR 150 prices to start from Rs 90,000, going all the way to the Rs 1 lakh mark, making it the most expensive scooter in the country today.
Starts Rs 83,860
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Living with an electric car: Mumbai-Pune roadtrip in a Tata Nexon EV
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar launched in India, prices start from Rs 16.30 lakh
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar: Prices and variants explained