APRC 2017: Gaurav Gill wins Rally Hokkaido
Team MRF Skoda's Gaurav Gill emerged victorious at Rally Hokkaido, the fourth round of the 2017 Asia Pacific Rally Championship. Gill and his co-driver Stephane Prevot managed to take the win, while his team-mate Ole Christian Veiby was out of contention for victory after a bad jump on Stage 3 damaged his Fabia R5.
Gaurav Gill on his way to victory at the 2017 APRC Rally Hokkaido
Jari Ketomaa, who had suffered the same fate as Veiby, was unable to restart the rally on the second day. Veiby, however, was able to restart in his MRF Skoda Fabia, which helped him earn scratch times.
Gill, however, dominated the rally. Except for the super special stage, he managed to clock the fastest time on all other stages.
Veiby and Gill have so far been in a tussle at the head of the championship standings, with Gill coming out ahead now. The Indian double-APRC title holder currently has a six-point lead in the championship standings, with one rally left - the season finale Rally of India at Chikmagalur between the 24th and 26th of November.
- 2021 Honda Gold Wing Tour launched at Rs 37.20 lakh
- Skoda Kushaq to be offered in three variants at launch
- 2021 Maruti Suzuki Celerio leaked in design patents ahead of festive season launch
- Facelifted 2021 BMW X3 and X4 unveiled with heavy interior revisions
- Jaguar launches the 2021 F-Pace in India at Rs 69.9 lakh