Apollo's Chennai manufacturing unit produces its millionth truck-bus radial tyre
Apollo Tyres' Chennai tyre manufacturing unit which began its truck-bus radial (TBR) unit in April 2010 has now produced its millionth tyre. The initial capacity of this plant which was pegged at 250 tyres each day has now been ramped up to reach 4000, helping this unit achieve this landmark figure. The Chennai unit has already produced 3 million passenger vehicle tyres till date with capacity estimated at 7,500 per day. Apollo tyres supplies to some of the major manufacturers in the commercial segment namely Ashok Leyland, Eicher and Tata Motors and in the passenger segment to Mahindra and Hyundai.
On the occasion, Satish Sharma, chief India operations, Apollo Tyres said, "From here, we are aiming to speed up the process and hit our next million in the next 10 months. What has been heartening has been the high acceptance of Apollo's truck-bus radials combined with the extensive service back-up that we have put in place."
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range