Apollo Tyres conferred tyre manufacturer of the year award
At the recently concluded Tyre Technology Expo 2013 in Germany, Apollo Tyres were conferred with the tyre manufacturer of the year award. In the contention for the award were also Continental, Bridgestone and Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Apollo Tyres has also decentralised its R&D structure with centres in India and the Netherlands; the former focusing on commercial vehicle tyres, while the latter is geared up exclusively to develop passenger vehicle products.
Onkar S Kanwar, chairman, Apollo Tyres Ltd said, "Manufacturing excellence, innovation and sustainable business practices have long been our cornerstones for progress; and we have made considerable progress around each. Six Sigma initiatives, emphasis on automation and state-of-the-art machinery manned by skilled resources, product innovations and service solutions are now an integral part of our valueproposition to customers. A global recognition like Tyre Manufacturer of the Year, strengthens our resolve to make even more aesthetically superior and technologically advanced tyres for our consumers worldwide."
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- 2021 MG Astor first look: Interior and tech impressions
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed