APM Terminals Inland Services and Volvo Cars sign for dedicated warehouse
APM Terminals Inland Services, South Asia, has signed a contract with Volvo Cars to provide a dedicated warehouse in Chennai. Volvo currently imports its vehicles via the CBU route, and this warehouse has an overall capacity of stocking 500 cars. In an official release, APM Terminals Inland Services has stated that "this customised warehouse will provide an integrated inland services solution for Volvo Cars which are imported through the Chennai port".
Commenting on the agreement, Ajit Venkataraman, managing director, APM Terminals India Pvt. Ltd., said, "The 102,000-square-foot facility will include bonded and non-bonded areas with an overall capacity of 500 vehicles. This specialized warehousing solution by APM Terminals Inland Services is a step towards expanding its portfolio of customized solutions for customers. We are pleased to be the exclusive Indian partner for inland logistics and services solutions for Volvo Cars, one of the world's best-known and highly respected automotive brands."
Tom von Bonsdorff, managing director, Volvo Auto India Pvt. Ltd., said, "We look forward to using APM Terminals Inland Services, South Asia's facilities, as we prepare for high growth in India by launching new models and expanding our network; our cars will be in safe care."
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3