ANS and NNG launch navigation app for Android
ANS and NNg have just launched the India spec version of the ANS Navigator app for Android smart phones. This app features full turn by turn navigation and is available on the Google Play Store. The app uses latest 2013 map data and content which covers 17 lakh kilometers and a massive 7.3 million points of interest.
The app is powered by NNG's iGO Navigation Engine which also powers their stand alone PND devices. The app offers features like live traffic updates for 11 major Indian cities, proper point addressing, alternate routes, speed limits and more. A special feature for India, the new Integrated Quick Search option lets users enter their destination quickly and easily.
The application currently supports two screen resolutions, 1280x720 and 800x480. For now the following devices are supported: HTC One X, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S3 HTC One V, HTC Incredible S, Samsung Galaxy S1, Samsung Galaxy S2. NNG plans to expand this list shortly
Péter Bolesza, vice president of Eastern Europe and emerging markets at NNG commented: "We have experienced a very strong demand for iGO Navigation in India. Our cooperation with ANS allows us to deliver our India-optimized solutions straight to the end user across a wide range of devices including PNDs, iPhone and now Android smartphones. The new application enables both drivers and pedestrians to find the optimal route at any time and in any situation easy and quick, in the palm of their hand."
Amit Sharma, Director at ANS India says, "Our recent product launches have confirmed the fast upward trend of navigation usage in India. With the iGO Navigation Engine at the heart of our products we can supply Indian drivers with proven and easy-to-use navigation solutions that take the stress out of driving on the busy Indian roads."
The app is priced at Rs 1,399. Along with the turn-by-turn ANS Navigator App, ANS and NNG have also launched two map viewing applications on the Google Play Store:
- ANS Traffic for Android (with Live Traffic updates): 199 INR
- ANS Map Viewer for Android: free of charge
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting