Another milestone for the Hyundai Creta, tops two lakh exports
Hyundai Motors India Limited is the country's largest exporter of automobiles with an export share of 26 per cent in passenger car exports, having shipped over three million cars as of 2020. And the Creta has added another feather to its cap, having just surpassed the two lakh units cumulative exports milestone. First launched in 2015, with exports commencing soon after, the Creta in its new generation launched this year has only added to demand, even posting the highest figures ever for the model line in domestic sales last month.
It's reported that HMIL exported over 1.8 lakh units with 792 customised variants of 10 vehicles last year alone, adding strongly to the 'Make-in-India' initiative. HMIL serves as an export hub for Hyundai Motor Corporation, and exports vehicles to 88 countries across five continents, including 32 countries in South America, 28 countries in Africa, 26 countries in the Asia-Pacific region, as well as Europe and Mexico. Currently, HMIL exports the following models Atos (Santro), Grand i10, Xcent, Grand i10 (Nios), Grand i10 (Aura), Elite i20, i20 Active, Accent (Verna), Venue, and the new Creta.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety