Andhra Pradesh government exempts Isuzu vehicles from Motor Vehicle Tax
The government of Andhra Pradesh has exempted Isuzu vehicle buyers from paying Motor Vehicle Tax. This exemption will be valid for all Isuzu vehicles purchased from November 18, 2016 to March 31, 2021. For an Isuzu buyer going for private registration, the tax currently amounts to around 14 per cent of the cost of the vehicle. This is a one-time tax that needs to be paid at the time of vehicle registration. In comparison, Isuzu vehicle owners with a commercial registration have to cough up a tax of Rs 800 per annum.
This new exemption will benefit all Isuzu vehicle buyers irrespective of whether they choose to go for a private or commercial vehicle registration. Isuzu sells the D-Max range of pick-ups and the MU-7 SUV models in India. Isuzu Motors is the first automobile company to have set up a manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh. Its plant in Sri City has an annual production capacity of 50,000 units which can be increased to 120,000 units.
As per the notification from the government of Andhra Pradesh, 'the exemption of life time tax will be available on the D-Max V-Cross and other passenger variants to be launched in future'. Isuzu Motors has three dealerships in Andhra Pradesh which are located in Visakhapatnam, Rajahmundry and Tirupati. Overall, the manufacturer has 27 dealerships across the country.
More from OVERDRIVE on Isuzu Motors
Starts Rs 16.98 Lakhs
- C'est Francaise C'est Citroen - Why You Need The French Beauty Citroen C5 SUV In Your Life
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- 2021 Volkswagen Taigun launched in India, prices start from Rs 10.50 lakh
- Indian Highways - And the disappearance of trees and milestones
- Price and Spec Comparison: Volkswagen Taigun vs Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta vs Kia Seltos vs Tata Harrier vs MG Hector