All-new Mini SUV to launch in 2021, to be positioned below the Countryman
The British automotive marque Mini is said to be working on an all-new compact SUV. The new offering will be positioned below the company's popular SUV, the Countryman. In addition to the conventional powertrain options, it is being speculated that the all-new sub-Countryman SUV will also be equipped with a pure electric powertrain.
The all-electric unit that will be offered in the new Mini SUV will be identical to that offered in the electric hatch that debuts in 2019. If Mini retains the performance numbers from the electric hatch in the SUV as well, is what needs to be seen. Additionally, the new Mini SUV will be built on an all-new platform that will also underpin the new-gen UKL based models like the BMW 1 Series, 2 Series and also the BMW X1 and X2 SUVs.
The 2021 Mini SUV will compete with the likes of Mazda CX-3, Nissan Juke and the Volkswagen T-Cross in the international markets. Seeing the popularity of SUVs in India, we believe the all-new Mini SUV will make sense for our country as well. We believe it can be placed in the same range as the Hyundai Tucson and the Volkswagen Tiguan.
Starts Rs 39.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 22.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 33.24 Lakhs
- Near-production Skoda Slavia spied ahead of early 2022 launch
- 2021 Toyota Innova Crysta Limited Edition launched with added tech features, prices unchanged
- Comparison review: Jeep Compass vs Citroen C5 Aircross
- Shopping on Indian Highways
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate