All-Electric Maruti Suzuki WagonR spotted on test in India - launch soon?
Recently, officials at Maruti Suzuki stated that they will pull the plug on their diesel-powered products and the company has plans to push forward the petrol and all-electric vehicles by offering some incentives. OVERDRIVE also reported that the company could spawn an all-electric vehicle priced close to the Rs 9 lakh mark. With the recent spotting of the Maruti Suzuki EV WagonR, we believe that the Japanese carmaker will soon launch the all-electric variant of the WagonR.
It is likely that the WagonR EV could come with a battery pack large enough to offer a range of up to 200km. Also, the car could come with a fast charger.
That said, the expected EV will have to comply with crash norms that will come into play from October 1, 2019. Safety features such as seat belt reminder, reverse parking sensors, dual airbags will come standard along with the ABS (anti-lock braking system) and EBD (electronic brake distribution).
It's unclear as to whether the first EV from Maruti Suzuki will be sold from NEXA dealerships or Arenas, however, the EV could ask for a premium of above Rs 7 lakh and could go on sale sometime in 2020.
Also see: Maruti Suzuki WagonR First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.55 Lakhs
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 350 dual-channel ABS gets two new colour options, Metallo Silver and Orange Ember
- ReviewBMW R 18 First Edition road test review
- NewsVolvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV expected to launch in India in 2021
- NewsVolvo S60 to launch in India in March 2021
- FeaturesReplicas of "World's First Car" being made in Coimbatore