Alfa Romeo unveils 4C IFD bicycle
Alfa Romeo has introduced a 4C IFD bicycle. As the name suggests, it is based on the 4C compact supercar and developed by the Alfa Romeo Style Centre and Compagnia Ducale. IFD or Innovative Frame Design is focused on making the frame as light as possible along the lines of Audi Space Frame.
The limited-edition 4C bicycle is entirely hand-crafted in Italy. It incorporates the exact same materials used in the supercar, namely aluminium, steel, lightened SMC and carbonfibre. The 4C IFD is a lightweight creation, weighing 6.9kg. The '4C' comes from the 4-shaped frame and the C-shaped cross section.
The bicycle gets a HM 40 carbon chassis and fork, Deda Elementi Crono handlebar, Campagnolo brakes, gears and chainset, Aerospoke wheel (rear) and Carbon high profile (front), customised Selle Italia carbon seat and Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres.
The 4C IFD will go on sale in December 2013 in select American, Asian, and European markets. Prices will start at $4,700 (Rs 2.9 lakh).
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030