Air Car completes first inter-city trip
Air Car is a dual-mode car-cum-aircraft that has completed its first inter-city travel successfully. Air Car is a patent of Slovakia-based Klein Vision. Air Car completed a 35-minute air trip from Nitra international airport to Bratislava international airport. It has now completed its 142nd successful landing in Bratislava.
The Air Car is in the prototype stage and getting closer to its production lifecycle. It spreads its long wings to take on the sky in the air whereas it transforms into a large sports car once landed on the tarmac. Air Car can be transformed from plane to car in a claimed time of 3 minutes. The Air Car was driven/flown by its inventor, Professor Stefan Klein and co-founder, Anton Zajac. The Air Car Prototype 1 is equipped with a 160 PS BMW engine with a fixed propellor and a parachute. Prototype 1 has touched 8,200 ft and reached a maximum speed of 190 km/h.
The Air Car Prototype 2 will be equipped with a 300 PS BMW engine and certified with EASA CS-23 aircraft certification with an M1 road permit. It will also feature a variable pitch propeller and which is expected to take the top speed to 300 km/h and offer a range of 1,000 km.
Text by Amit Saraswat
- Top 10 best selling cars in India 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai dominate
- Tata Punch interiors leaked ahead of launch, features revealed
- Why are manufacturers like Ford shutting their plants in India?
- 2021 MG Astor midsize SUV revealed with level 2 autonomy and AI assistant
- Mahindra XUV700 variants revealed ahead of launch