Aditya Patel and Mitch Gilbert victorious at Sepang
Mitch Gilbert and Aditya Patel celebrate their victory at Race 1 of the 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia at Sepang
Aditya Patel and team-mate Mitch Gilbert had the best possible start to their 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia campaign. The duo managed to finish first in Race 1 of Round 1 of the championship held at Sepang.
Aditya Patel crossing the chequered flag first giving ODRacing their first win in the 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia at Sepang
For Race 1, Patel and Gilbert were on pole. Gilbert had set the fastest lap during qualifying, and began the race for the team. However, he didn't make as good a start in the race as the Ferrari 448 of Anthony Liu Xu. But despite the fact that the two were sparring over the first few laps, the Safety Car was brought out due to an accident.
The ODRacing duo on the podium celebrating their win
When racing got underway once again, Gilbert managed to run away at the head of the field. He maintained a gap to the chasing pack until he had to hand over the car to his team-mate, Patel, for the second stint. When Patel took over, he kept his head down and managed to maintain the gap to the chasing pack, crossing the finish line first, giving the ODRacing duo their first race win of the season.
Second place went to Raffaele Marciello and Hunter Abbott of the GruppeM team in their Mercedes AMG GT3. FIST Team AAI's Oliver Millroy and Jesse Krohn took third place in their BMW M6 GT3.
- FeaturesAtal Tunnel Rohtang: Benefits and Precautions -- Insights from Vijay Parmar, organizer, Raid De Himalaya
- NewsMaharahtra government in talks with Tesla to set up India facility
- NewsRenault expands Indian presence, with 34 new sales and service touchpoints
- Review2020 Hyundai Tuscon facelift road test review
- NewsFacelifted Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 Coupe SUV to launch in India on November 3