ABS and EBD now standard in all Toyota vehicles in India
Toyota has introduced ABS and EBD as standard across its model range. This will also include the fleet vehicles (pre-facelift) which it will continue to sell, alongside the Platinum Etios and new Etios Liva. This is the first from a mass manufacturer in India wherein these essential safety features are offered as standard across the range.
In the name of luring buyers with bling features, manufacturers tend to offer accessories instead of safety features, so when Toyota standardised dual airbags across all their cars in 2014, it was welcomed with open arms. This now comes in-line with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways move to standardise ABS, dual airbags for all passenger cars by October 2018.
Toyota currently leads the way in safety features offered across all models. Along with ABS and EBD, they are also equipping all five seats with 3-point ELR seatbelts, while the front belts also come with pre-tentioners and force limiters. As a part of child safety, the cars will incorporate ISOFIX child seat mounts as standard. Safety does come at a cost though and with the launch of the Platinum Etios and new Etios Liva, Toyota announced that there would be a price hike by two to three per cent across their whole model range.
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030