Abbey Thomas appointed as head of marketing at Volkswagen India
Volkswagen India made an announcement today, appointing Abbey Thomas as the marketing head, effective immediately. This role was previously held by Bishwajeet Samal who will be taking over a new role with the company at Wolfsburg, Germany. Abbey, in his new role will be reporting to Steffen Knapp, director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India.
Abbey Thomas, head of marketing, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India
Abbey, in his previous assignments, has worked with Audi India where he was serving as the head of planning for product and sales. He became a part of the group in 2011 where he has helped leadership positions across marketing and product verticals. Prior to joining VW group, Abbey had served as the marketing manager at Mercedes-Benz India, product marketing manager at Toyota Oman, senior product development manager at Honda Cars India and head of product at Nissan Middle East. Abbey has served for close to nine years at Audi India before taking this new role at Volkswagen India.
"At Volkswagen, our philosophy is to nurture our in-house talent and create a growth journey for our employees within the Group. We are extremely delighted to have Abbey on-board with us, whose extensive experience will strengthen our brand salience across our stakeholders in the automotive ecosystem," commented, Steffen Knapp, director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India.
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand