92 units of Mahindra TUV300 SUV added to Kolkata Police Fleet
The Kolkata Police adds 92 units of the Mahindra TUV300 SUV to its fleet. All the SUVs that were handed over to the departments have been specifically modified to meet their requirements. 58 out of the 92 TUV300s were flagged off on August 29, 2019.
The press release also states that the Kolkata Police Department is amongst the 13 other police departments in India to add the Mahindra TUV300 to their fleet.
The Mahindra TUV300 SUV is powered by a 1.5-litre 3-cylinder diesel engine. The engine produces 100PS at 3,750rpm and 240Nm of torque from 1,600-2,800rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. The SUV was recently updated and in the refreshed list of options, the TUV300 lost the option of an automatic gearbox (AMT - Automated Manual Transmission). The Mahindra TUV300 retails between Rs 18.54-10.55 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.
The TUV300 is suspected to receive another facelift along with an updated BSVI engine. The new SUV could be dearer by Rs 20,000-30,000.
Starts Rs 8.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.93 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.84 Lakhs
- Mahindra XUV500 to be discontinued, could return as two-row XUV700
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Hyundai Alcazar prototype first drive impressions