5 things to expect from the upcoming BSVI Royal Enfield Classic
The second generation Royal Enfield Classic was spotted on test in India and the motorcycle appeared to be in its production avatar. This could result in a sooner than expected launch and the bike will rival the Jawa standard.
Also, a sooner launch could give Royal Enfield an upper hand over its rivals which are yet to launch the BSVI engine. Here are five things to know about the upcoming Royal Enfield motorcycle
The bike gets a new twin down-pipe cradle that we can see in the spy images. Similar chassis was seen on the Continental GT 535 and recently on the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and the Continental GT 650.
We believe that the company will phase out two different displacement models i.e the 350 and 500 and will bring in one model to suit the best of both worlds. Expect the new engine to be BSVI compliant.
The new engine will be mated to a new gearbox. The gearbox visible in the images is unlike any other gearbox that we've seen on any Classics. The new gearbox could be a six-speed unit as well.
Styling will largely remain the same although the bike will sport newly designed elements such as the new body panels, instrument cluster, and a fuel tank. The headlamp and tail lamp assembly will be revised as well.
There have been rumours that Royal Enfield could bring back the name Meteor and looking at the overall design of the body panels and the gearbox of the spied motorcycle, it only makes our belief stronger.
Let us know what do you think.
Starts Rs 2,56,372
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year