2022 Honda CB300R launched at Rs 2.77 lakh
It's taken a while for Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India to get the CB300R back on the menu for India. While the BS-VI-compliant was finally unveiled at the last India Bike Week, back in Dec 2021, the neo-retro street bike has now launched and is available from this month at the price of Rs 2.77 lakh (ex-showroom).
The Honda CB300R is back, and the biggest change comes in the form of its 286cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled motor which now produces 31.1PS at 9000rpm and 27.5Nm at 7500rpm, which is up in comparison to the older bike which made 30.4PS and 27.4Nm both at a 1,000rpm lower. The bike also gets a slip and assist clutch as standard.
Aside from the different coloured panels, a slightly more powerful BS-VI motor and the slipper clutch thrown on, the 2022 bike carries the trellis frame, suspension units and the tyre and brakes setup over from the older model. Even the LCD appears to be the same as before, with no sign of Bluetooth connectivity. Honda has however, updated the design of the exhaust, giving the motorcycle a slightly sportier look. The 2022 Honda CB300R will be offered in two colour options - Matte Steel Black & Pearl Spartan Red.
While the BS-IV CB300R was sold in India via the CKD route, the 2022 model will assembled locally. The 2022 Honda CB300R will be sold via the manufacturers' premium BigWing dealerships across the country, and bookings for the motorcycle are now open.
Starts Rs 2,77,000
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety
- Goodbye Cyrus Gandhy-Burn the rubber on your way to heaven