2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200 RS teased, full reveal on Jan 26
Triumph is teasing its upcoming, biggest, and baddest production-spec Speed Triple yet - the 1200 RS. The teasers confirm that the Speed Triple 1200 RS will get the same angry makeover as the Street Triple RS from last year. Ever since the launch of that bike, we were eagerly waiting to see what was in store for the Speed Triple RS, and from what we see in the teasers, there is a lot to look forward to.
Apart from the angry headlamps, even the taillights have been given a makeover with a distinct M-shaped (or reverse trident) motif. We expect to see a larger TFT instrumentation replacing the current 5-inch unit. Being an RS, an Arrow exhaust system is a given and the teaser confirms that it will sound a whole lot sweeter than before.
The reason for it, to a large extent, will be the new 1200-triple - a step up from the current 1050. The capacity bump comes in the wake of Euro-V emissions, of course, but we also expect a higher output than the current 148PS tune.
Triumph is likely to stick with the 43mm Öhlins NIX30 upside-down forks and Öhlins TTX36 twin tube monoshock for suspension duties, but we expect the brakes to be upgrades from the current 4-piston monobloc units to the new Brembo Stylema callipers. Confirmations on these oily bits will come through on January 26, when Triumph reveals the Speed Triple 1200 RS in all its glory. Stay tuned!
Starts Rs 11,46,700
Starts Rs 8,84,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Aston Martin plans to electrify 90 per cent of line-up by 2030
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet