2021 Rolls-Royce Ghost teased in design sketch
Rolls-Royce has released a very simple sketch which depicts the silhouette of the new generation of the Rolls-Royce Ghost. The new Ghost is set to debut later this year. The current generation of the Rolls-Royce Ghost has been the most successful in the luxury brand's 116-year history, having been around since 2009.
Rolls-Royce says that the new Ghost will be more subdued and carry less shouty embellishments, in keeping with what its customers prefer these days. The new car has been entirely redeveloped from the ground up, with only the Spirit of Ecstasy hood ornament and umbrellas being carried over. The sketch also shows that the new Ghost seems to have a sleeker, more coupe-like profile.
Having reached the end of its five-year development cycle, more details are set to follow in the next few weeks. We already know that the new Ghost will no longer be based on the BMW 7 Series' underpinnings. The new sedan will be built on a revamped version of the aluminium spaceframe architecture as seen of the Phantom VII and the Cullinan SUV. An EWB version with more rear legroom will also be available.
We expect the new Ghost to be powered by the 6.75-litre V12 found in other Rollers. In the Cullinan, this motor makes 571PS and 850 Nm and we expect to see similar outputs in the new Ghost. The limousine should also now sport a full-suite of driver-assistance and tech functions from its BMW cousins.
Starts Rs 1.32 Crore
- NewsHyundai i20 N unveiled with over 200PS and six-speed manual
- NewsVolkswagen India appoints Ashish Gupta as brand director
- NewsOver 50,000 bookings for the Kia Sonet, diesel models account for 40 per cent
- NewsNissan Magnite revealed: Everything we know so far
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite global unveil, exterior styling, interiors, features, engines, variants, details