2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift to launch in February
The 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift will hit showrooms in India by the second week of February. The model features a mild facelift and a few technical upgrades over and above the outgoing Swift hatchback.
In terms or the design, the 2021 Maruti Suzuki Swift will feature an updated grille, which retains the hexagonal shape but gets a new mesh detailing in place for the horizontally-slatted layout of the current car. It will feature a black outer bezel and a chrome slat above the registration plate. The rest of the car remains pretty much unchanged in its appearance, but the 2021 Swift will come with a black roof option and a new shade of orange to choose from.
Image Source: MotorBeam
The communication colour still remains the signature red, as is seen from the the image (pictured above) snapped during the car's advertisement shoot. Under the hood, the Swift's current 1.2l VVT engine will be replaced by the more efficient 1.2 DualJet, Dual-VVT engine from the Dzire/Baleno. The engine boasts of a higher output too - 90PS vs the outgoing Swift's 82PS. The torque remains unchanged at 113Nm.
We expect minor upgrades to the infotainment system too, with basic connected tech integrated in the SmartPlay system. But we will have more info on the updated features at launch. Stay tuned!
Starts Rs 5.73 Lakhs
- India-spec 2022 Toyota Hilux unveiled ahead of March 2022 launch
- Ola opens final payment window for S1, S1 Pro
- Toyota to launch Creta-rivalling SUV in 2022 with Maruti Suzuki, new MPV in 2023
- 2022 Tata Tiago iCNG and Tigor iCNG: Prices and variants explained
- Live updates: 2022 Toyota Hilux India unveil, expected prices, interiors, mileage, specifications, engine, features, safety