2020 Yamaha Tricity 155 launched in Asian markets
Yamaha has launched the 2020 Tricity in the Asian market and it is powered by a 155cc liquid-cooled, fuel-injected with Yamaha's variable valve actuation technology (VVA) that makes a power of 15PS and 14Nm of torque. It is launched at a price of 4,84,000 yen which is around Rs 3.44 lakh. The bike will be up for grabs from 15th May. The 2020 Tricity shares the same engine that we have seen on the R15.
The key feature of the scooter is Yamaha's Leaning Multi-Wheel technology which we have already seen on the Yamaha Niken. The Tricity also features a three-wheel setup and it has two more iterations 125cc and 300cc.
The 2020 Yamaha Tricity rides on two 14-inch tyres up front and a 13-inch tyre at the back with 220mm dual discs for the front section and 230mm single disc at the rear with ABS and unified braking system (UBS). Damping duties are done by telescopic forks at the front and a unit swing suspension at the back. It is 1980mm long, 750mm wide, 1210mm tall and has an approachable seat height of 780mm. It weighs 165kg and the fuel tank can hold up to 7.2 litres.
It gets an LED headlamp setup that complements the LED position lamp. It also gets LED tail lamp, fully digital instrument cluster, a 23.5 litres under-seat storage and a 12V socket. It is available in three colours - Blueish Gray, Matt Gray and White Metallic.
It is highly unlikely for the 2020 Tricity to make its way to India being a 155cc scooter and with a price tag like that. It would be too expensive to make volumes in the Indian market. The three-wheel layout will certainly stand out on the road and might be appealing to many. But the price will remain a heavy anchor on the scooter. Unless Yamaha figures out a way to price it according to the Indian market.
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport
- NewsNissan Magnite launched in India, prices start from Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Nissan Magnite India launch, prices, specifications, features, engines, mileage, interiors
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Tata Motors clocks 108 per cent growth over last year