2020 Toyota Corolla Special Edition launched in USA
Toyota has launched a new special edition of the Toyota Corolla hatchback. Named quite literally the Toyota Corolla Special Edition, this 1,500-unit special is based on the twelfth-generation Corolla hatchback that debuted in 2018.
Despite the racy appearance, this is entirely a cosmetic job. The Special Edition gets a new shade of Supersonic Red paint. Other exterior additions are contrasting gloss black bumper elements front and back, side skirts and the sporty rear spoiler. There are larger blacked-out alloy wheels to finish the look.
The Corolla Special Edition is based on the mid-spec SE trim level in the US market. This gets paddle shifters, an 8-inch touchscreen with Alexa/Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, 4.2-inch MID and the Toyota Sense suite of driver assistance systems. The Corolla is powered by a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol that makes 140PS and 175 Nm and is paired to a CVT.
While this hatchback is not expected to come to the Indian market, we are expecting Toyota to launch the twelfth-gen Toyota Corolla sedan here soon. This will most likely feature the same 2.0-litre/CVT drivetrain and will go up against the Hyundai Elantra and the Honda Civic. The new-generation Skoda Octavia will also join this segment early next year.
Starts Rs 17.94 Lakhs
Starts Rs 17.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16 Lakhs
- NewsMahindra Thar scores four stars in Global NCAP crash tests
- News2021 Toyota Camry Hybrid facelift unveiled internationally
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and SBI tie-up to offer financial benefits
- NewsPorsche Taycan sets world record going sideways
- NewsIndia two-wheeler helmet market is projected to grow at a double digit rate, Sidhartha Khurana, STUDDS