2020 Suzuki SV 650 breaks cover internationally
Suzuki reveals the 2020 SV 650 for the global markets, the bike gets new colour options to choose from along with other cosmetic updates. The bike will be initially launched in Japan and eventually in other countries.
The 2020 Suzuki SV 650 comes in mystic silver, matte black metallic and glass sparkle black. The first two colours get a dual colour finish with the frame of the bike done in a different colour and the sparkle black gets all-black treatment for the frame, body and even the parts.
The SV 650 houses a 645cc V-twin engine mated to a six-speed gearbox that makes a power of 77PS and 64Nm of torque. The bike does miss out on features like switchable ABS and traction control. But it comes with dual-channel ABS and low RPM assist which keeps the engine from lagging at low speeds. The same engine powers the Suzuki V-Storm 650 XT ABS but it makes 5PS less power and 2Nm less torque than the SV 650.
The middleweight bout for Suzuki is taken care of by the GSX-750 in India and whether Suzuki pulls the plug on it or coverts it to BSVI is something that still hovers around like a question. If Suzuki decides to discontinue the GSX-750 then the SV 650 would be a suitable replacement. The GSX-750 is for Rs 7.47 lakh and if the SV 650 makes it way to India with a price tag less than Rs 7 lakh then it could make a better case for itself as a middleweight streetfighter from Suzuki.
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base
- NewsHero MotoCorp to develop and sell motorcycles under the Harley-Davidson brand