2020 Mahindra Thar spotted on test once again - reveals more details
Earlier this week, a test mule of the upcoming Mahindra Thar was spotted on test. Once again, the offroader SUV has been spied, and this time around the spy pictures reveal more details of the upcoming second-generation Mahindra Thar.
Even with the camouflage, the test mule confirms that the Thar retains its iconic face as well the stance. What has under a heavy revision is the cabin. The dashboard is completely revamped and the centre stage could house an updated media system. The air-ducts are placed underneath the slot dedicated to the media system. The air-conditioning controls have been restyled as well as the levers to select gears. The instrument cluster has been redesigned too to appear plush.
Though the test vehicle of the Mahindra Thar was heavily camouflaged, it displayed a notable change in width, courtesy - flared fender arches. Along with fibre panels on the sides, the new Thar will get chunky plastic bumpers on both ends to enhance pedestrian safety.
Along with the revised underpinning, we expect Mahindra to bring the new Thar with a downsized cleaner running engine which will comply with the BSVI emission norms. The same newly-developed engine is expected to power the next generations of the XUV500, as well as the Scorpio.
The 2020 Mahindra Thar is expected to be launched in the final quarter of this year and is expected to be priced between Rs 7 lakh and Rs 10 lakh.
Starts Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno reaches 8 lakh sales milestone in 5 years
- NewsRoyal Enfield launches all-new riding jackets, priced from Rs 4,950 onward
- NewsIndian EV manufacturer BGauss inaugurates first dealership, commences deliveries of A2 and B8
- NewsRenault Kwid-derived Dacia Spring EV hatchback unveiled in Europe
- NewsTata Motors achieves momentous production milestone at four million cars and counting