2020 Lexus IS teased ahead of June 9 global debut
Japanese luxury carmaker Lexus has teased the next generation of its smallest sedan, the Lexus IS, ahead of its debut on June 9. The IS sits below the ES in the brand's scheme of things and competes with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and BMW 3 Series.
The teaser image shows the silhouette of the new car's rear section. Visible is a new sharply styled full-width LED lighting strip for the taillamps. Aside from this, we expect the IS to now carry the sharp bodylines, and the dominated front grille seen on other Lexus'. The revised car is expected to carry on with the current car's rear-wheel-drive platform.
The IS is also expected to sport the latest Lexus interior trimmings as well. This includes the more intuitive new infotainment, among other things.
Engine options are expected to start with the roughly 200PS 2.5-litre hybrid set-up seen on cars like the Camry and go up to a twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6. Some markets can also expect a 2.0-litre turbo petrol and an N/A 3.5-litre V6. The high-performance F version isn't expected to make an appearance just yet.
The IS is mainly focused towards the US market, the sedan will also be on sale in Europe and elsewhere. Given that Lexus brings in most of its popular models to India as CBUs, the IS can also be expected to come here eventually.
Starts Rs 41.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- Comparison review: Renault Kiger vs Nissan Magnite vs MS Vitara Brezza vs Kia Sonet
- Hyundai reveals new i20-based Bayon crossover SUV
- Honda Transalp could be a mid-sized Honda Africa Twin
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG A 35 4Matic sedan road test review - compact, fun and accessible AMG!
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know