2020 Land Rover Defender heads into final field testing for World Land Rover Day
Celebrated across the world as the day the first ever Land Rover Series 1 was shown to the public, World Land Rover Day signifies another milestone achievement for the company on its 71st anniversary.
The all-new 2020 Land Rover Defender, in short wheelbase three-door and long wheelbase five-door form, enters the final field testing phase ahead of its debut later this year. We expect the new Defender to be unveiled in September, possibly at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The Defender prototypes, in all their boxy-camouflage, have been testing in various climactic conditions, both on-road and off-road, including runs at the Nurburgring for fine tuning its road handling prowess. As the prototypes clear the 1.2 lakh testing kilometres mark, they will be put into action at the Borana Conservancy in Kenya, as part of special real-world testing - towing vehicles, wading through water and ferrying supplies. In doing so, the Defender will join in Land Rover's 15-year partnership with Tusk Trust, and the brand's efforts to conserve wildlife across the world.
Starts Rs 73.98 Lakhs
- Top 5 best-selling cars in India December 2021 - Maruti Suzuki and Tata Motors cover top spots
- 2022 Toyota Hilux specifications revealed ahead of India launch
- 2022 Tata Safari Dark Edition launched in India, prices start from Rs 19.05 lakh
- Best car for-Driving around the World
- Yezdi is back, three bikes launched; price range 1.98 - 2.09lakh