2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 to be priced close to Rs 6.45-6.75 lakh - India launch soon
The Ninja 650 will get a BSVI compliant engine but with lower specs than that of the current motorcycle. Mechanically the motorcycle will remain largely unchanged but will get a revised air-box to compensate for the drop-in torque. While the power figure stays the same at 68PS the torque will go gone down by 1.7Nm and will be rated at 64Nm. The power source will be the same 649cc parallel-twin engine mated to a six-speed transmission.
Feature-wise, the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 will be equipped with a 4.3-inch TFT screen for instrumentation. The motorcycle will now get Bluetooth for smartphone connectivity. What's also new is the all-LED headlamp unit. The Ninja 650 will get ABS (Antilock Braking System) as standard but will missout on rider aids such as traction and wheelie control and cornering ABS.
The BSVI compliant motor and added features have upped the price of the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 by Rs 56,000-86,000. Although the final sticker price of the Ninja 650 remains to be seen. The launch is expected by early February 2020. Post-launch, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 will rival the Honda CBR 650 R which is yet to be updated to the BSVI standards.
Starts Rs 6,24,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 7,99,000
- Electric vehicles - Why they don't have a gearbox and how it's possible to go as fast backwards, as forward
- Honda Drive to Discover 10: A new discovery with the City, WR-V, Amaze and Jazz
- Maharashtra lockdown: How to maintain your vehicle while you stay at home
- 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron electric SUVs debut with up to 520 km range
- 2021 Skoda Kodiaq facelift unveiled, India launch by July