2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 to be priced close to Rs 6.45-6.75 lakh - India launch soon
The Ninja 650 will get a BSVI compliant engine but with lower specs than that of the current motorcycle. Mechanically the motorcycle will remain largely unchanged but will get a revised air-box to compensate for the drop-in torque. While the power figure stays the same at 68PS the torque will go gone down by 1.7Nm and will be rated at 64Nm. The power source will be the same 649cc parallel-twin engine mated to a six-speed transmission.
Feature-wise, the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 will be equipped with a 4.3-inch TFT screen for instrumentation. The motorcycle will now get Bluetooth for smartphone connectivity. What's also new is the all-LED headlamp unit. The Ninja 650 will get ABS (Antilock Braking System) as standard but will missout on rider aids such as traction and wheelie control and cornering ABS.
The BSVI compliant motor and added features have upped the price of the 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 650 by Rs 56,000-86,000. Although the final sticker price of the Ninja 650 remains to be seen. The launch is expected by early February 2020. Post-launch, the Kawasaki Ninja 650 will rival the Honda CBR 650 R which is yet to be updated to the BSVI standards.
Starts Rs 6,24,000
Starts Rs 5,94,000
Starts Rs 7,99,000
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh