2020 Honda CR-V facelift SUV spotted testing internationally
Honda India launched the latest generation of the Honda CR-V SUV in India last year. But it looks like the Japanese carmaker is already prepping a facelift for the SUV in the international market.
The changes don't seem too extensive. The front seems to get a new grille design, with the central bar now wider. Also, the bumper seems new with the round foglamps and their housing, and a slightly more outward overall look. The rear also has seen a few changes. The exhaust tips are now exposed with a squarish ornamentation while the bumper could also see a new look.
No pictures are available of the interiors but we expect similarly small changes inside, possibly more features and new materials. The CR-V is expected to remain unchanged mechanically, although Honda could do well to introduce a plug-in hybrid model to India. It already sells one in Europe, where a 2.0-litre petrol pairs with a 1 kWh motor to make 184PS.
The CR-V sold in India comes with two engine options, a petrol and a diesel. There is a DOHC 1,597cc diesel engine which produces 120PS at 4,000rpm and 300Nm of torque at 2,000rpm paired with a nine-speed automatic. The petrol is the SOHC 1,997cc from the outgoing model, mated to a CVT with six speeds. With 154PS at 6,500rpm and 189Nm at 4,300rpm, performance is adequate. Prices currently start at Rs 28.33 lakh, ex-showroom.
Also see: 2018 Honda CR-V diesel | First Drive Review
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 28.27 Lakhs
- No Down Payments, No Hassles! 5 Great Advantages Of Maruti Suzuki Subscribe
- Vehicle Scrappage Policy - the complete picture - all you need to know
- Want A New Car Without Hassles? Maruti Suzuki Subscribe Has Got You Covered!
- IMOTY 2021: The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is the Indian Motorcycle of the Year 2021
- Honda CB500X Adventure tourer India launch expected soon, could be priced at Rs 5.5 lakh