2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
Honda Car India has announced that the fifth-generation Honda City will be launched in India on July 15. Bookings have already opened for the new sedan. The online booking amount on the 'Honda From Home' online portal is Rs 5,000 while the booking fee at dealerships is Rs 21,000.
The new City is larger than the outgoing car, which will continue to be sold in limited variants. It is 4,549mm in length, 1,748mm in width, 1,489mm in height. The wheelbase has remained unchanged at 2,600mm.
The car will be offered with one petrol and one diesel engine. The 1.5-litre petrol engine is a new DOHC unit and produces 121PS at 6,600 rpm and 145Nm at 4,300rpm. This engine can be optioned with either a 6-speed manual transmission or a 7-speed CVT. The 1.5-litre i-DTEC has been carried over and puts out 100PS at 3,600rpm and 200Nm at 1,750rpm, paired to a 6-speed manual transmission.
The feature list covers an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa, Honda Connect suite with 32 car features, 6.9-inch HD TFT instrument cluster, automatic headlamps, push start/stop button, electric sunroof and more.
When launched the new Honda City will compete with the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Hyundai Verna, Skoda Rapid, and Volkswagen Vento. We expect the Honda City to be priced from Rs 10 to 11 lakh, ex-showroom.
Watch our video review of the new Honda City below
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.78 Lakhs
- NewsTata Nexon EV crosses 2,000 sales mark
- NewsBMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Black Shadow Edition launched in India at Rs 42.30 lakh, limited to 24 units
- NewsUniform PUC certificate for all vehicles across India soon
- NewsNissan Magnite: Prices and variants explained
- NewsSpecifications comparison: Nissan Magnite vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Toyota Urban Cruiser vs Hyundai Venue vs Kia Sonet vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Ford EcoSport