2019 Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console to be launched in India on September 3
Volvo Cars India will launch its flagship model in India on September 3. The Volvo XC90 Excellence Lounge Console takes things further upmarket than the already quite luxurious Excellence trim, the firm's current flagship.
Excellence Lounge Console's highlight is the three-seat layout. It gets the individual aircraft-style seating for the second row, same as the Excellence. The big change is where the front passenger seat used to be. This is replaced by a very upmarket cushioned footrest, freeing up a wide view of the road ahead. This console is much more functional than that though. It reveals a large worktable, also housing an illuminated vanity mirror and a storage tray for jewellery and personal accessories or make-up. This table rotates 90 degrees and reveals a 17-inch screen. There is also a storage area for personal items in this unit. This is in addition to all the luxury trimmings already available on the Excellence trim like the heated/cooled seats, high-end Bowers and Wilkins sound system, the Orrefors glass bits in the cabin, and the fridge in the second row.
The XC90 Excellence Lounge Console will come powered by the same T8 hybrid powertrain. This pairs a 320PS 2.0-litre turbo and supercharged petrol motor with a plug-in electric motor with 83Ps and 240Nm. Combined output is 407PS and 640Nm, and is paired with an eight-speed Aisin gearbox. We expected price to be Rs 15 to 20 lakh higher than the Rs 1.6 crore on-road Mumbai that Volvo charges for the Excellence.
Starts Rs 80.9 Lakhs
- NewsCar Sales November 2020: Hyundai India records highest ever numbers for the month
- NewsCar sales November 2020: Kia Sonet becomes bestselling compact SUV again
- NewsCastrol India launches Power1 Ultimate full synthetic two-wheeler engine oil
- NewsYamaha FZS FI gets a Vintage Edition with BT connectivity, priced at Rs. 1.09 lakh
- NewsNovember 2020 sales: Bajaj Auto sells 3.84 lakh two-wheelers, registering a growth of 12 per cent