2019 Triumph Speed Twin to be launched in India today
2019 Triumph Speed Twin is slated to be launched in India today. The bookings for the same had begun already across all dealerships pan India. We expect the new modern classic to be priced around the Rs 10 lakh mark (ex-showroom).
The Triumph speed twin gets a 1,200cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine similar to the one on the Thruxton, however, the engine in the Speed Twin is lighter by 2.5 kgs, courtesy - magnesium cam covers, lightened engine covers and new clutch assembly. The engine churns out 97PS and 112Nm of torque and the power is sent to the rear wheel via a six-speed gearbox. We have already ridden it and feel that the motor is delightfully free-revving but what's even more impressive is the generous torque spread.
The brake setup on the motorcycles is a dual 305mm rotor setup in the front and 220mm rotor in the rear. The conventional telescopic fork and a dual shock absorber setup take care of the suspension duties.
The styling is inspired by a modern classic motorcycle and the body panels are minimum. The instrument cluster on the motorcycle is a twin pod analogue dials.
Electronically, the bike benefits from three riding modes- Road, Rain and Sport. Traction control and a dual-channel ABS is on offer as well.
The deliveries of the 2019 Triumph Speed Twin should commence by the end of this month.
Starts Rs 9,46,000
- NewsKia to reinvent and relaunch brand, new logo coming in early 2021
- NewsMercedes-Benz takes bigger stake in Aston Martin in new technical partnership
- NewsIndia-bound 2021 Yamaha MT-09 unveiled, launch expected in 2021
- NewsFacelifted Honda CR-V Special Edition launched in India at Rs 29.50 lakh
- NewsKarnataka Govt. offers support to Tesla to setup manufacturing and R&D base